Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Purpose of Eat...Sleep...WOD

     While talking with my friend David Csonka, from over at Naturally Engineered, he mentioned that I needed to make sure that if I was going to make this blog a success, it needed to have a purpose.

   Now given that I have been formulating a future blog post in my head about goals and goal setting, I realized that Dave was right on the money. What is Eat...Sleep...WOD all about? If I was going to do this, I was going to do it right!



   So what is it that I truly want Eat...Sleep...WOD to become? What do I have to give the community and world? (Besides of course my amazing sense of sarcasm and humor) But probably most importantly, what can I do, that I haven't seen done before?

   Now all of that crazy mumbo jumbo rambling around got me thinking... What would I want if I was on the outside? What is it that could not only help anyone and everyone interested in fitness, health, longevity, ect. but could also help me?

   Robb Wolf has an amazing website devoted to helping people eat cleaner, and therefore live better. Martin over at Lean Gains has splurged huge amounts of knowledge about intermittent fasting that flies in the face of preconceived notions. CrossFit and OPT share endless amounts of wisdom every day regarding GPP and the practical applications of it. And on top of all of that you have people like John Welbourne from CrossFit Football and my aforementioned friend Dave who are experts in their respective fields.

   But what does all of this mean for you and the future of Eat...Sleep...WOD? It means that Eat...Sleep...WOD now has a purpose, it has a goal.

   Eat...Sleep...WOD will become a place to refresh your memory on the basic do's and dont's, a place to catch up on the issues that you might have missed. A place that brings together the vast resources that are available and makes them easily accessible in a concise fashion. Yet at the same time, Eat...Sleep...WOD will evaluate analytically (both qualitatively and quantitatively) the arguments, methods, and prescriptions that are presented by others, in order to make informed and intelligent decisions regarding your health, performance, happiness, and longevity.

   Eat...Sleep...WOD finally has a purpose. And while the path may still be slightly uncertain, the high beams are on and the fog is lifting. So please, let me know what you think. What is it that you feel Eat...Sleep...WOD could bring you that you can't get elsewhere? What is it that YOU need?

2 comments:

  1. 1) I need to see that I am not alone in my struggles with CF (especially the mental aspects and things like not reaching goals as quickly as you'd have wanted), with eating right (because I really, really, really love bread and pasta), and with staying motivated (especially when it's cold and raining and we have a WOD with running). It helps to know I'm not the only one.

    2) I definitely need more references to your high beams being on. That's seriously hilarious.

    P.S. I'm sorry that my user name is such. I didn't like the freebie wedding websites with all their stuff about "How we met" and such, so I just made ours through Blogger. So, now, apparently, this is my username??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy :-)

    1) I've got a goal setting post in the works. Should be up before the weeks end. As for the rest, I'm gonna have to give that some thought! Maybe I can try and think up a post about motivation and general and how to apply it / where it comes from.

    2) I'm glad I was at least a little funny haha

    3) This is your user name because underneath the comment you selected "Comment as:" and then that account. There are other options as well though so check those out. Also, I will be opening up posts to allow people without accounts to post, so I am assuming that you will be able to set whatever username you want with that.

    Have a great day and thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete